Thursday 5 August 2010

38+1 weeks

Hello again. So I'm now 38 weeks pregnant and still no baby. Unfotunatly I'm having one of those impatient days. I'm trying to balance this with the knowledge that this peace and quiet and ability to do what I want when I want will not last for much longer...... unfortunatly, even that is not working.

So, appointment on Monday they were satisfied with the baby, although did hear the skipped beat but said it may be a sign of foetal immaturity (how rude)! And scan, which I know is totally innacurate, plotted the baby in at 7lbs 11oz already.... another reason for wanting it shifting!

So, i'm just waiting.... cooked up 24 portions of food for the freezer, painted a tree on the nursery wall, pics to follow and have generally been whizzing round like a mad woman.

Ordered me a TENS machine yesterday which will hopefully come tomorrow, any experience of them out there I'd be interested to know thoughts...

Anyhoo, i'm off to cook tea, seeyas latas!

1 comment:

  1. LOVED the tens. Definitely helped. I used it from when I was first sure labour had started until I got in the pool and then it was gas&air for me. Both times Tens was just right and I'm sure I would have wanted more painkillers without having the tens at the start.

    Bless you, it's an exciting time and you've not been having an easy experience recently so no wonder you're ready to see your lovely baby! Keep going though, you really will meet your baby soon and all the waiting will go out of your mind! I'm sure these dragging last days are designed to make us actually be willing to go through the pain of labour! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails