Thursday 19 August 2010

He's here

My beautiful baby boy Nathaniel William James Hills is here..... finally.

I know.... mummy's are biased but I think he is a stunner of epic proportions. 

Just to say I was induced, has 3 lots of induction agents, finally waters went at 2 in the morning, started contracting like the billy-o, went from 1cm to 9cm in 5 hours, finally got up to delivery suite and then spent 4 1/2 hours pushing. He still couldn't quite get out  (by about 2-3cm lazy tyke) so had a drip to intensify contractions (if that was even possible) and after another 45 minutes had a forceps delivery with a 3rd degree tear thrown in for good measure. All of which was done with gas, air and stubborness.

8lbs 9oz, 52cm long

So worth it tho :)

1 comment:

  1. I am astonished by what you have achieved. Honestly, I cannot believe you coped with all of that, you poor thing. I'm so sorry the pushing was as long as the build up - that's simply horrendous. BUT you're able to see the positive which is amazing to hear. I hope you're taking it as easy as possible (not possible, I know) and healing up well.

    He is gorgeous - worth all your hard work and the stress of the last weeks. Life will get steadily better as he gets steadily bigger. We're praying for you guys. Love you xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails